- Bilateral cooperation
- Press center
- Consular issues
The right of obtaining a new passport through the foreign missions of the Republic of Kazakhstan is possess following persons:
1. those, who have left for permanent residence. The passport should have a corresponding stamp "Departure to Canada for permanent residence is allowed" or there should be a corresponding notification issued by the Migration Police of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Also, an applicant should have a Permanent Consular Registration at the Consular Office in Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Japan;
2. Students, who have Temporary Consular Registration at the Consular Office in Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Japan;
3. Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan who work in Canada under an employment contract concluded for a period of at least one year, and have Temporary Consular Registration at the Consular Office in Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Japan;
4. Family members of these categories of citizens.
Citizens who arrived for private reasons, tourism, etc. should exchange passports only in the Republic of Kazakhstan at their place of residence.
To obtain a new national passport of the Republic of Kazakhstan, you must provide the following documents in 2 copies:
1. Application (download): explaining the reason for getting a passport or exchanging the old one for a new one and questionnaire;
2. Birth certificate (for those, who do not reached the age of 16, etc.).
3. Passport of the citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan (in case of exchange to new one).
4. Four color photos, size of 3.5 x 4.5 cm. Photos should correspond to the age of the applicant at the time of the application, should be full face on a light background with a neutral expression and a closed mouth where the person occupies about 75% of the photo. Photos should be printed on thick photographic paper. Images made by computer scanning, modeling or photocopying are not allowed;
5. former USSR model passport – in case renewal for the first time (in case of confirmation of Kazakh citizenship);
6. common passport (former USSR model passport) - in case renewal for the first time;
7. If you temporarily reside in Japan (for study, work on a contract, etc.), you need to attach a certificate from the place of study/work with a translation into Kazakh or Russian, as well as a copy of the employment contract, the period of which must be at least than for 1 year, with translation into Kazakh or Russian language (for working in Japan);
8. Certificate of absence of citizenship of Japan, if applicable to local legislation.
9. Consular fee in the form of money order for the amount of 40 USD;
10. Consular section of the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan could request additional documents for renewal of Kazakhstan`s passport.
In the absence of the necessary documents, listed above, the application for obtaining a national passport of the Republic of Kazakhstan will be returned to the applicant without consideration.
The processing time is up to three months.After receiving the documents, the old passport should be returned to Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Japan. Please provide a copy of the page with a valid visa and a cover letter with a request to keep the old passport.