Legalization of a document is an establishment and certification of the authenticity of the signature of an official and the stamp on the document for using them in another state.
Documents for legalization are accepted in originals as well as in notarized copies. The document must contain the mandatory requisites (e.g. number, date, signature, seal), must be without erasures or additions, crossed out words and other unspecified corrections, must not be filled with a pencil. The text of the document should be readable and clear, and the signatures of officials and prints of the seals on documents should be distinct. The document, the volume of which exceeds one sheet, must be stitched, numbered and sealed.
Abroad, functions of legalization are performed by foreign missions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
On the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, functions of legalization are carried out by the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Procedure of legalization of documents
Before applying for legalization of the document to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Singapore, it is necessary to certify the document at the MFA's Consular Service Counter (1 Sherwood Road, Tanglin, Singapore 248163, Lobby A, Level 1). The requirements are available by clicking to the following link:
To legalize documents at the Embassy, you must provide the following documents:
FOR AN INDIVIDUAL:
1) Cover letter in free form (must contain full name, address, phone number, date and original signature, name and number of documents to be legalized);
2) Copy of ID of authorised person;
3) Original/notarized copy and a photocopy of the documents to be legalized;
4) Consular fee for the amount of 35 US dollars (for 1 document) *;
5) Copy of the authorization/consent letter (if the document is submitted by a representative / authorized person).
FOR A LEGAL ENTITY:
1) Cover letter in free form (must contain full name of the company, address, phone number, date and original signature of an official, name and number of documents to be legalized);
2) Copy of the constituent document of the legal entity (document confirming the existence of the company, e.g. Business Profile);
3) Copy of ID;
4) Original/ notarized copy and a photocopy of the documents to be legalized;
5) Consular fee for the amount of 35 US dollars (for 1 document) *;
6) Copy of the authorization/consent letter (if the document is submitted by a representative / authorized person).
* Bank account details:
Beneficiary: Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
USD Account: 0003-023446-01-4
Beneficiary Bank: DBS Bank Ltd
SWIFT Code: DBSSSGSG
For information about payment process, please contact DBS office.
In accordance with Article 629 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the paid amount of consular fee is non-refundable.
Processing time – 3 working days.
In case of need for additional examination or verification, the term can be extended for no more than 30 calendar days.
Working hours of the Consular Section:
Submission: 09:30-12:30 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
Collection: 16:00-17:00 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
Created at : 14.02.2019, 14:10,
Updated at : 14.02.2019, 14:10