- Bilateral cooperation
- Press center
- Consular issues
Announcement on the extension of visa-free travel to Kazakhstan from January 1, 2017 for the citizens of 57 countries including Italy, can visit Kazakhstan without visa for up to 30 calendar days.
List of countries exempted from visa requirements:
43. United Arab Emirates
44. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
45. United States of America
46.Kingdom of Bahrain
9. Czech Republic
48. Socialist Republic of Vietnam
30. New Zealand
49. Repubblica di Indonesia
50. State of Qatar
51. Republic of Colombia
52. State of Kuwait
34. Republic of Korea
53. Principality of Liechtenstein
54. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
55. Sultanate of Oman
56. Kingdom of Thailand
57. Republic of the Philippines
We also inform that the internal affairs bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan exercise the issuance of "business" category single entry visas for a period of up to thirty calendar days based upon the application for extension of a stay in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan exceeding thirty calendar days for business purposes.
List of economically developed states with sustainable political and migrational situation whose citizens are exempted from the need to present an invitation in the process of applying for A3, B1, B3, B10 and B12 visa types:
Australia, Republic of Austria, United States of America, Kingdom of Belgium, United Arab Emirates, Republic of Bulgaria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Federal Republic of Germany, Hellenic Republic, Kingdom of Denmark, New Zealand, Japan, State of Israel, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Irish Republic, Republic of Iceland, Kingdom of Spain, Italian Republic, Canada, State of Qatar, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Korea, Republic of Latvia, Republic of Lithuania, Principality of Liechtenstein, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Republic of Hungary, Federation of Malaysia, Republic of Malta, Principality of Monaco, Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kingdom of Norway, Sultanate of Oman, Republic of Poland, Portuguese Republic, Romania, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Republic of Singapore, Slovak Republic, Republic of Slovenia, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Finland, French Republic, Republic of Croatia, Czech Republic, Swiss Confederation, Kingdom of Sweden, Republic of Estonia.
ENTRY VISA INFORMATION:
To obtain a visa, all applicants are required to submit the following documents:
1.Original and a copy of first page of passport
2. One color or black-white 3,5x4,5 size photo, which should be stapled to the marked space in the upper right-hand corner of the Application Form
3. A completed visa Application form
4. Consular fees (see in attachment)
5. A copy of invitation letter with a registration number. To obtain an official invitation (visa support), please contact inviting person or an organization registered in Kazakhstan.
via Cassia 471, 00189 - Rome, Italy.
Tel: +39 06 36 30 84 76;
Fax: +39 06 36 29 26 12
Beneficiary's name: Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Beneficiary's account number: IT44Y0306905141100000006956
Bank account: Banca Intessa San Paolo
via Cassia 913, Rome
The following documents are not accepted:
Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan is not responsible for any loss or delays incurred for shipments consigned to delivery services.
Information about e-visa of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The Republic of Kazakhstan is introducing a procedure for obtaining a single entry visa for foreigners in electronic format from January 1, 2019.
An electronic visa (business, tourist and medical treatment) is issued based on a valid invitation from the Kazakh side, considered by the migration service units of the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Kazakhstan under the established procedure.
Foreigners can enter/exit the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan using a valid electronic visa only through the checkpoints of international airports of Astana and Almaty.
Tourist electronic visas are issued to citizens of 117 states, business and medical treatment visas - 23 states (the list of countries is attached).
The electronic visa is valid only for the recipient of the visa and does not apply to accompanying persons.
Paid consular fees are not refundable.
Passport provided by the recipient of a visa should meet the following criteria:
1) should not cause doubts in authenticity and belonging to its owner, have marks of extension, reservations, notes, erasures and corrections, torn or unsewn pages;
2) should have at least 2 blank pages;
3) should expire no earlier than 3 months from the expiry date of the requested visa.
The Kazakh inviting side informs the migration authorities about arrived foreigners within three working days (this service is available online at the Visa and Migration Portal).
Step-by-step e-visa issuance algorithm
- in order to obtain an electronic visa, you should register on the website of the Visa and Migration Portal (www.vmp.gov.kz/en);
- after registration, learn about the requirements for obtaining an electronic visa;
- enter the invitation number (sent by the inviting side in the Republic of Kazakhstan) and fill in the visa application form;
- pay the consular fee;
- print an electronic visa (the visa is formed in the personal cabinet as well as sent to the email address you provided when filling in the registration form);
- present a printed electronic visa when passing through passport control at international airports in Astana and Almaty.
List of countries citizens of which may be issued an electronic single entry tourist visa to the Republic of Kazakhstan
4.Antigua and Barbuda
15. Brunei Darussalam
16. Burkina Faso - Upper Volta
20. Central African Republic
25. Congo (Republic)
26. Costa Rica
27. Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
29. Democratic People's Republic of Korea
32. Dominican Republic
33. El Salvador
36. Faroe Islands
65. Marshall Islands
72. Myanmar (Burma)
82. Papua New Guinea
88. Saint Kitts and Nevis
89. Saint Lucia
90. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
92. San Marino
93. Sao Tome and Principe
94. Saudi Arabia
98. Sierra Leone
99. South Africa
106.Trinidad and Tobago
List of countries citizens of which may be issued an electronic single entry business and medical treatment visa to the Republic of Kazakhstan
13. Virgin Islands
22. South Africa