- Bilateral cooperation
- Press center
- Consular issues
- Honorary consul
To secure visas, foreign nationals must contact the Kazakh diplomatic mission/consulate in the country of residence and submit:
- Valid passport or travel document that is recognized by the Kazakhstan Government and with a expiration date not earlier than 3 months upon expiry of the requested visa and having at least 2 empty pages for a visa;
- Copy of the data page of a passport;
- Visa application form completely filled out and signed (Visa application form);
- One color photo 3.5 х 4.5 cm on the white background;
- Proof of consular fee paid;
- Ticket to/from Kazakhstan;
- Hotel booking in Kazakhstan;
- Valid visa to the third country, i.e. country of main destination (for transit visa only);
- Copy of work permit (for work visa only);
- Copy of letter of invitation (LOI);
- Original private letter of invitation written by Kazakh interior authorities (for private visa only).
Applicants are required to apply for a visa in person. Proxy and Postal applications are not accepted.
Consular Section is open for visa applicants on Monday - Friday from 08:00 till 15:00 hrs., except Public holidays.
Visa processing time is 5 working days.
Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
1. DIPLOMATIC, SERVICE, INVESTOR (A1-A5)
Diplomatic (A1, A2)
Service (A3, A4)
2. SHORT TERM VISITS (B1-B22)
Business (B1, B2, B3)
International road haulage (B4)
Air, Maritime, Train and Rivercraft (B5)
Atendees of Religious Events (B6) - except missionary purposes
Permanent Residence in Kazakhstan (B8-B9)
Intercountry Adoption (B11)
3. LONG TERM VISITS (C1-C12)
Permanent Residence in Kazakhstan (C1) - only for ethnic Kazakhs
Family Reunification (C2)
Missionary Activities (C7)
Private (C10) - only for ethnic Kazakhs