Transit Visa - B13
You can apply for "B13" category Transit visa (single entry until 5 days in one direction within 90 days / multiple entry until 5 days in one direction within 180 days) if you are:
- traveling to Kazakhstan with a purpose of transit through territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Application drop-off: 09:30 am to12:30 pm
- Visa pick-up: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Operating days of Consular Section: weekdays (except Wednesdays and public holidays of Kazakhstan)
- In case of announcement of Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning within the area of Hong Kong the Consulate General will be closed for public. If the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered to No. 3, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered to a Red before 1:00 p.m., the Consulate will reopen on the same day within one hour of the lowering.
- General visa: 5 working days (ex. Monday drop-off – Next Monday pick-up)
- Note! Application to B13 visa should be submitted two weeks prior to the travel date
List of required documents
1. A completed visa application form. Download [PDF] or [Word]. Filled out sample application form for reference;
2. An original passport of the applicant (must be valid at least three months after visa's date of expiry);
3. Copy of the applicant's passport (first page);
4. One passport-size photo (in colour) of the applicant;
5. Letter of request to issue a transit visa;
6. Full ticket of final destination;
7. A visa of final country of destination;
8. Visa fee payment confirmation (bank slip).
- Visa fee: single entry – 20 USD, multiple entry – 90 USD
- Visa fee for USA passport holders;
- Countries waiving fees for minors on reciprocal basis. Those countries who are not in the list must pay regular visa fee for minors;
- Japan citizens are exempt from visa fees on a basis of bilateral agreement with Kazakhstan.
Deposit the visa fee to the account of the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in any branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. Account No.: 012-676-0-801431-6
Note! Applicants who are applying for their minor children must present additionally:
1. A letter from one of the child's parents stating non-objection to the child's other parent taking him or her to Kazakhstan.
2. A copy of the child's birth certificate (with stamp of legalization or apostille).
3. A copy of the both parents' passports.
72-hour transit visa-free regime is available for PRC and Indian passport holders flying by Kazakhstan airlines to the third countries through the international airports of Astana and Almaty, by the presence of valid Kazakhstan airlines tickets.
Note! PRC and Indian passport holders using the 72 hour visa-free regime will be registered and issued a migration card indicating the time of crossing the State border of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Created at : 1.01.2016, 09:00,
Updated at : 1.01.2016, 09:00