You must be a resident of Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR, PRC in order to apply for a visa through the Consulate General. The visa applicant should come in person with exception of applications for diplomatic/service visas.
This category of visa is issued on a basis of an invitation letter (visa support) approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan.
You can apply for "B7" category Internship (B7) visa (single entry until 90 days / multiple entry until 180 days) if you are:
- visiting Kazakhstan with a purpose of internship, including your family members.
- Application drop-off: 09:30 am to12:30 pm
- Visa pick-up: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Operating days of Consular Section: weekdays (except Wednesdays and public holidays of Kazakhstan)
- In case of announcement of Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning within the area of Hong Kong the Consulate General will be closed for public. If the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered to No. 3, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered to a Red before 1:00 p.m., the Consulate will reopen on the same day within one hour of the lowering.
- General visa: 5 working days (ex. Monday drop-off – Next Monday pick-up)
List of required documents
1. A completed visa application form. Download [PDF] or [Word]. Filled out sample application form for reference;
2. An original passport of the applicant (must be valid at least three months after visa's date of expiry);
3. Copy of the applicant's passport (first page);
4. One passport-size photo (in colour) of the applicant;
5. An invitation letter (visa support) approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan;
6. Letter of confirmation for an internship;
7. Copy of the applicant's Hong Kong or Macao Identity Card;
8. Dependent family members must provide confirmation of relationship (e.g. marriage and birth certificates) and copy of the visa of a primary applicant (if the primary applicant in Kazakhstan);
9. Visa fee payment confirmation (bank slip).
- Visa fee: single entry - 80 USD, multiple entry - 200 USD.
- Visa fee for USA passport holders;
- Countries waiving fees for minors on reciprocal basis. Those countries who are not in the list must pay regular visa fee for minors;
- Japan citizens are exempt from visa fees on a basis of bilateral agreement with Kazakhstan.
Deposit the visa fee to the account of the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in any branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. Account No.: 012-676-0-801431-6
Note! Applicants who are applying for their minor children must present additionally:
1. A letter from one of the child's parents stating non-objection to the child's other parent taking him or her to Kazakhstan.
2. A copy of the child's birth certificate (with stamp of legalization or apostille).
3. A copy of the both parents' passports.
Created at : 1.01.2016, 09:00,
Updated at : 1.01.2016, 09:00