Humanitarian visa (C8)
You must be a resident of Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR, PRC in order to apply for a visa through the Consulate General. The visa applicant should come in person with exception of applications for diplomatic/service visas.
Humanitarian visa – C8
You can apply for "C8" category Humanitarian (C8) visa (single entry until 90 days; multiple entry until 1 year) if you are:
- traveling to Kazakhstan as a volunteer to provide services for no financial gain in education, health care and social assistance fields;
- traveling to Kazakhstan with a purpose to provide charitable, humanitarian assistance and grants within the framework of international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Application drop-off: 09:30 am to12:30 pm
- Visa pick-up: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Operating days of Consular Section: weekdays (except Wednesdays and public holidays of Kazakhstan)
- In case of announcement of Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning within the area of Hong Kong the Consulate General will be closed for public. If the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered to No. 3, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered to a Red before 1:00 p.m., the Consulate will reopen on the same day within one hour of the lowering.
- General visa: 5 working days (ex. Monday drop-off – Next Monday pick-up)
List of required documents
1. A completed visa application form. Download [PDF] or [Word]. Filled out sample application form for reference;
2. An original passport of the applicant (must be valid at least three months after visa's date of expiry);
3. Copy of the applicant's passport (first page);
4. One passport-size photo (in colour) of the applicant;
5. Copy of the applicant's Hong Kong or Macao Identity Card;
6. An invitation letter (visa support) approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan;
7. A covering letter from the inviting party (NGO, universities, schools, hospitals, etc.) with a request to issue a visa briefly summarizing the purpose;
8. Visa fee payment confirmation (bank slip);
Note! All documents issued by authorities of foreign country or region has to be legalized or apostilled.
- Visa fee: single entry – 80 USD, multiple entry until 1 year – 200 USD
- Visa fee for USA passport holders;
- Japan citizens are exempt from visa fees on a basis of bilateral agreement with Kazakhstan.
Deposit the visa fee to the account of the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in any branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. Account No.: 012-676-0-801431-6
Created at : 1.01.2016, 09:00,
Updated at : 1.01.2016, 09:00