Family reunification (C2)
You must be a resident of Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR, PRC in order to apply for a visa through the Consulate General. The visa applicant should come in person with exception of applications for diplomatic/service visas.
Family Reunification – C2
You can apply for "C2" category Family Reunification (C2) visa (single entry until 90 days; multiple entry until 1 year) if you are:
- Family member of the citizens of Kazakhstan;
- Family member of ethnic Kazakhs or former citizens of Kazakhstan;
- Family member of the person who obtained permanent residence permit in Kazakhstan (not less than for 2 years), ;
- Family member of the foreigners or stateless persons permanently residing in Kazakhstan;
- Family member of business-immigrants.
- Application drop-off: 09:30 am to12:30 pm
- Visa pick-up: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Operating days of Consular Section: weekdays (except Wednesdays and public holidays of Kazakhstan)
- In case of announcement of Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning within the area of Hong Kong the Consulate General will be closed for public. If the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered to No. 3, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered to a Red before 1:00 p.m., the Consulate will reopen on the same day within one hour of the lowering.
- General visa: 5 working days (ex. Monday drop-off – Next Monday pick-up)
List of required documents
1. A completed visa application form. Download [PDF] or [Word]. Filled out sample application form for reference;
2. An original passport of the applicant (must be valid at least three months after visa's date of expiry);
3. Copy of the applicant's passport (first page);
4. One passport-size photo (in colour) of the applicant;
5. Copy of the applicant's Hong Kong or Macao Identity Card;
6. Letter of request (from inviting person)
7. Notarized copy of the Permanent residence permit in Kazakhstan of inviting person (not for citizens of Kazakhstan);
8. Notarized copy of the Identity Documents of inviting person and family members;
9. Financial Statement that confirm ability to cover expenses for each family member, not less than minimum salary in Kazakhstan;
10. Notarized copy of the Confirmation of residential space sufficient for each family member of inviting person;
11. Medical insurance for family members of inviting person;
12. Notarized copy of the proof of family relations with the inviting person;
13. Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (Hong Kong) or Certificate of Criminal Record (Macao);
13. Visa fee payment confirmation (bank slip);
Note! All documents issued by authorities of foreign country or region has to be legalized or apostilled.
- Visa fee: single entry – 80 USD, multiple entry until 1 year – 200 USD
- Visa fee for USA passport holders;
- Countries waiving fees for minors on reciprocal basis. Those countries who are not in the list must pay regular visa fee for minors;
- Japan citizens are exempt from visa fees on a basis of bilateral agreement with Kazakhstan.
Deposit the visa fee to the account of the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in any branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. Account No.: 012-676-0-801431-6
Created at : 1.01.2016, 09:00,
Updated at : 1.01.2016, 09:00