You must be a resident of Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR, PRC in order to apply for a visa through the Consulate General. The visa applicant should come in person with exception of applications for diplomatic/service visas.
There are 48 countries, citizens of which don't need an official invitation letter (visa support) for single entry Service (A3), Business (B1, B3), Private (B10), Tourist (B12) visas. If your country of nationality appears on the list, you may submit Letter of request (instead of an invitation letter).
Business Visa – B1
You can apply for "B1" category Business visa (single entry until 60 days within 90 days / multiple entry until 60 days at each entry within 180 days) if you are:
- Attendee of conferences, symposiums, forums, exhibitions, concerts, cultural, scientific, sport and other events;
- Attendee of business and expert meetings;
You can apply for "B1" category Business visa (single entry until 60 days within 90 days / multiple entry until 60 days at each entry within 1 year) if you are:
- Accompanying humanitarian assistance;
- Lecturer and professor visiting educational organizations;
- Participant of students and youth exchange programs, except with a purpose of study in Kazakhstan.
Business Visa – B2
You can apply for "B2" category Business visa (single entry until 30 days within 90 days / multiple entry until 90 days within 180 days) if you are:
- Assembling, technical support of equipment specialist;
- Worker in the field of audit and consulting.
Business Visa – B3
You can apply for "B3" category Business visa (single entry until 30 days within 90 days / multiple entry until 30 days at each entry within 1 year) if you are:
- Negotiator aiming to conclude an agreement;
- Member of founding parties and board of directors.
- Application drop-off: 09:30 am to12:30 pm
- Visa pick-up: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Operating days of Consular Section: weekdays (except Wednesdays and public holidays of Kazakhstan)
- In case of announcement of Typhoon Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning within the area of Hong Kong the Consulate General will be closed for public. If the Typhoon Signal No. 8 is lowered to No. 3, or the Black Rainstorm Warning is lowered to a Red before 1:00 p.m., the Consulate will reopen on the same day within one hour of the lowering.
- General visa: 5 working days (ex. Monday drop-off – Next Monday pick-up)
List of required documents
1. A completed visa application form. Download [PDF] or [Word]. Filled out sample application form for reference;
2. An original passport of the applicant (must be valid at least three months after visa's date of expiry);
3. Copy of the applicant's passport (first page);
4. One passport-size photo (in colour) of the applicant;
5. A Verbal Note / Invitation letter (visa support) approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan / Letter of request (Letter of request is only applicable for nationals in the list);
6. A covering letter from the applicant's company with a request to issue a visa briefly summarizing the purpose of visiting, including information about the company (please attach copy of valid BR of the company);
7. Copy of the applicant's Hong Kong or Macao Identity Card;
8. Address proof (e.g. copy of utility bill);
9. Visa fee payment confirmation (bank slip);
10. Notarized copy of the contracts, treaties, agreements in Kazakh or Russian languages (only for B2 visa).
- Visa fee: single entry – 80 USD, multiple entry – 200 USD
- Visa fee for USA passport holders;
- Countries waiving fees for minors on reciprocal basis. Those countries who are not in the list must pay regular visa fee for minors;
- Japan citizens are exempt from visa fees on a basis of bilateral agreement with Kazakhstan.
Deposit the visa fee to the account of the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in any branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. Account No.: 012-676-0-801431-6
Created at : 1.01.2016, 09:00,
Updated at : 1.01.2016, 09:00