- Bilateral cooperation
- Press center
- Consular issues
April 28, 2018. Astana. The President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev has take a part in the XXVI Session of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan in the Palace of Peace and Harmony in Astana. The current session, key positions on the agenda of which have been "Stability, Unity, Consent are Basis of Modernization" was attended by over 1,500 people. Among them are members and veterans of the Assembly from all regions, chairpeople of republican and regional ethno-cultural associations, the Parliament deputies, heads of central executive bodies, political parties, religious associations, NGOs, university presidents, representatives of diplomatic missions, scientific, creative intelligentsia and the media.
Speaking to the event participants the Head of State stressed that 2017 is unique and special in the history of independent Kazakhstan.
- The system modernization has come to the forefront of all our work this year. First, we have launched the economic modernization. Secondly, we started political modernization. Thirdly, we proceed to improve public consciousness. As you know, my article "Looking into Future: Ways to Improve Public Consciousness" is devoted to that, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan drew attention to the main purpose of the Program article and shared his vision of Kazakhstan's society evolution.
- First of all, I have designated the image of a Kazakhstani - how I would like to see him. First, it is a creative personality, competitive in the global world. Secondly, it is a pragmatist and realist, focused on achieving specific goals. Thirdly, it is a person who has strengthened national identity and abandoned everything that hinders the nation's development. Fourthly, this person is at the peak of global knowledge, for which the cult of education is of paramount importance. Fifthly, it is a conscious citizen who clearly understands - only evolutionary growth gives people a chance to prosper. Sixthly, it is an open-minded person, a multilingual intellectual poised for change and apprehending best practices, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the role of the National Commission for Public Consciousness Improvement, stressing the importance of in-depth study of the provisions put forward in the Program article.
The President of Kazakhstan expressed his confidence that the APK would take an active part in modernizing public consciousness and listed a number of projects in which the members of the Assembly could realize their potential.
- In the first place, great opportunities open to the Assembly in "Little Motherland" - "Tugan Zher" Project. Secondly, "100 New Individuals of Kazakhstan" Project has the most direct relation to the APK. How many of our remarkable contemporaries and the Assembly activists work for the good of the country. Such people should be known regardless of ethnic, regional, gender, or religious affiliation. The criterion here is one - contribution to Kazakhstan's progress. Thirdly, the Assembly can participate in "Modern Kazakhstan Culture in the Global World" Project, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also noted the relevance of the "Humanities New Knowledge" Project for generating the young people's consciousness.
- This is going to be the best textbooks translated into Kazakh from the world's leading languages. There are brilliant textbooks on philosophy, sociology, economics, culturology, oriental studies in English, Russian, French, Spanish and other languages. I am sure that including this scientific block in the educational process will raise it to a new level, the President of Kazakhstan shared his vision.
The Head of Sate drew the attention of those present to the current global risks facing the state and society, and instructed central and local state institutions to develop new, non-standard solutions to preserve peace and harmony in the country.
- Society and citizens should know that peace and stability do not develop on their own. The state firmly keeps its hand on the pulse of interethnic and interdenominational processes. The Assembly, all state bodies conduct daily painstaking work to strengthen national unity, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan, noting the correctness and timeliness of the measures taken, determined a number of new tasks for the APK and state authorities.
- Task 1. It is necessary to form public consciousness that meets the challenges of systemic modernization. Everyone should be involved in the process: the state and civil society, education and the social sphere, private business and the media, the Head of State instructed.
As Task 2, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the need to strengthen civic identity and ensure unity and harmony. In this regard, the President of Kazakhstan has given a number of specific instructions.
During the session, Nursultan Nazarbayev paid special attention to information work and instructed to create a multifunctional multimedia portal of the APK in 2018, as well as an interactive historical map titled "The People of Kazakhstan".
- The electronic map will visually and in detail show the process of consolidation of all nationalities on the ancient Kazakh land, taking into account the special, state-forming mission of the Kazakh nation. I instruct the Education and Science Ministry together with the APK to work out such an interactive map on a scientific basis and present it on the Day of Gratitude next year, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev has also called on representatives of business, creative and scientific intelligentsia to take part in the "Little Motherland" Project and to direct their efforts to support their fellow countrymen in villages.
The Head of State noted the profound meaning of the speeches of the Assembly members and invited the media representatives to conduct their in-depth analysis.
In conclusion, the Head of State congratulated all people of Kazakhstan on the upcoming holiday of Unity of the People of Kazakhstan, wishing peace, good and prosperity.