- Visas and consular issues
- Press center
- Defence Attache
Cooperation of the Republic of Kazakhstan with NATO is based on the Frame document of the Partnership for Peace (PfP) signed in 1994. It includes positions directed for achievement of the following purposes: development of transparency in processes of military planning and formation of the military budget; ensuring democratic control over Armed forces; maintenance of potential and fighting capacity of forces for entering of its contribution into operations under the aegis of the United Nations and/or under the direction of NATO; development of the military relations of cooperation with NATO with a view of joint planning of educational combat training and carrying out doctrines to increase ability to carry out peacekeeping, humanitarian, and other operations; creation of forces which are capable to cooperate with forces of NATO in the long term.
Realization of tasks, the purposes and ideas of PfP Alliance is carried out within the main programs: Individual plan of action of partnership (IPAP), Process of planning and analysis (PARP), Operational Capabilities Concept (OCC).
First Individual plan of action of partnership was accepted on January 31, 2006 for the purpose of harmonization of all aspects of interaction and their coordination with NATO. It includes interactions in the fields of policy, extreme civil planning, science and the military sphere.
Kazakhstan participates in the «Planning and analysis process» (PARP) program since 2002. PARP directed on basis creation for definition of structure and an assessment of forces and means, which can be presented for carrying out trainings, doctrines and operations at multinational level in interaction with forces of NATO, including peacekeeping operations. PARP has a biennial cycle. By means of selection and then realization of «The partnership purposes» are undertaken measures to increase the ability of Armed forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan to cooperate with Armed forces of NATO countries.
The Partnership goals package include the followings:
- Defence planning and Kazakhstan Armed Forces transformation;
- Training and equipping of the peacekeeping units according to the NATO standards;
- Language training;
- Staff officers training;
- Border security issues;
- Crisis response issues.
In January, 2004 Kazakhstan joined the «Operational Capability Concept» (OCC) program. The program itself presents the mechanism of an assessment of degree of readiness of peacekeeping divisions of the partner countries to interaction with armed forces of the countries of NATO. OCC supplements the assessment which is carried out within PARP and promotes increase of military efficiency of estimated forces.
This program also includes the actions which are carried out in the territory of Kazakhstan, such as seminars «Legal aspects of peacekeeping operations», «Process of planning of operations», courses «Military terminology of English in multinational operations» and «Staff procedures of NATO» with participation of the military personnel of Kazakhstan and representatives of the countries of NATO and partners.
The priority directions of cooperation with NATO are:
- cooperation within the Individual plan of action of partnership (IPAP);
- cooperation in a framework of «Planning and analysis process» (PARP), usage of this program as the instrument of defensive planning, consultation and assistance in development of doctrine documents;
- improvement of quality of actions for the most effective realization of the Purposes of partnership;
- cooperation between military educational institutions of Kazakhstan and NATO countries (and partners), consultations from NATO in the field of vocational training and education. Consultations on reforming of military education system taking into account standards of the countries of NATO, assistance in preparation of military shots;
- carrying out «Steppe eagle» trainings in the spirit of "Partnership for Peace";
- accreditation of KAZCENT courses;
- preparation of "Kazbrig" according to Concept mechanisms of operative potential, the invitation of groups of experts for an assessment of extent of its preparation with the subsequent participation in NATO doctrines for practical working off of theoretical skills and increase of operative compatibility with Alliance divisions;
- equipment by modern samples of equipment and equipment of Airmobile armies, engineering armies.